A tough, yet meaningless choice

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Здравствуйте.

So today I was given a piece of paper which turned out to be the form for my university placement right after Biology class ended. The instruction is easy whereby I need to arrange which one I wanted most to study into. There are three choices which are MMA, VSMA and NNSMA. All three universities are located in three different cities. I already heard a truckload of stuffs regarding each universities from my seniors, but stories are just stories. Nothing is true than meet the eyes. Plus, I don't really think what I filled up is really being looked up  by the sponsor. Do they really care about me and my silly choice? I doubt that. Most probably they will throw me somewhere without a glance at the paper. The ability to choose is simply, symbolic. Nothing more than that.

Talk about being pessimistic.

But, a lot of my friends filled MMA and NNSMA as their first choices. I put those my second and third. For MMA, it's true that it is ranked the first and being regarded as most prestigious medical instituition in the whole Russia, however there's no fucking way I will be in the city filled with suicide bombers, mafia gangs and high-priced foods. I don't want to get wasted too soon. While for NNSMA, there's no particular reason whatsoever. I got nothing anti about this place, but perhaps the fact that all of my friends, especially my classmates, filled up this place as their first choice, that's why I don't. I really don't feel like being stuck in NNSMA with them, sorry. It sucks wasting 6 years with people you don't really fond of. And it shall kill you inside, bit by bit.

Again, pessimistic.